1. Make your own dishwasher detergent.
Ingredients and Cost:
- 1 – 55 ounce box of Arm & Hammer® Super Washing Soda = $2.19
- 1 – 76 ounce box of 20 Mule Team® Borax = $4.29
- 1 – 48 ounce box of coarse Kosher Salt = $1.99
- 1 – 5 pound container of food-grade Citric Acid = $27.00 You can find this online, in the canning aisle of your local grocery store, or at your local brewery or specialty beer store. If you cannot find this you can substitute LemiShine. If you do not use some form of citric acid you may see a cloudy residue left like most “green” cleaners leave.
- 1 – gallon of White Vinegar = $1.79
Use 1 T. per load. More information here: http://www.diynatural.com/homemade-dishwasher-detergent-soap/
2. “One should never take the easy road, but rather the right road, no matter how long the travel.” Scott Cerreta
3. “It is not only for what we do that we are held responsible, but also for what we do not do.” Moliere